You can preorder a hard copy of the 2021 Handbook. Return this form by April 2, 2021.
The udpated 2020 Lawyer's Handbook includes amendments adopted by the North Carolina Supreme Court in September 2020. Affected sections are:
- 27 N.C.A.C. 1A, Section .0200, Membership – Annual Membership Fees
- 27 N.C.A.C. 1B, Section .0100, Discipline and Disability of Attorneys
- 27 N.C.A.C. 1D, Section .0900, Procedures for Administrative Committee
- 27 N.C.A.C. 1D, Section .2600, Certification Standards for the Immigration Law Specialty Committee
- 27 N.C.A.C. 1E, Section .0100, Regulations for Professional Corporations and Professional Limited Liability Companies Practicing Law
- 27 N.C.A.C. 1E, Section .0200, Registration of Interstate and International Law Firms
- 27 N.C.A.C. 1E, Section .0300, Rules Concerning Prepaid Legal Services Plans
Additionally, two newly adopted ethics opinions are included:
2020 Formal Ethics Opinion 3
Solo Practitioner as Witness/Litigant
Opinion rules that a solo practitioner/owner of a PLLC is not prohibited from representing the PLLC and testifying in a dispute with a former client.
2020 Formal Ethics Opinion 4
Investment in Litigation Financing
Opinion rules that a lawyer may not invest in a fund that provides litigation financing if the lawyer’s practice accepts clients who obtain litigation financing.