Job Title: Receptionist
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Administration
Positions Supervised: None
Purpose of Job: To courteously and professionally answer and direct telephone calls to the appropriate departments or employees and greet visitors to the State Bar.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for security of the lobby area by admitting or denying admission of visitors
- Answer and direct calls to the appropriate staff member. Includes directing the caller to other institutions if appropriate
- Responsible for notifying the Executive Director, Assistant Executive Director, Director of Administration, Counsel, and other staff of daily attendance of the State Bar employees
- Responsible for securing and opening State Bar facilities in the morning and closing the facilities, if appropriate, at the end of the workday
- Responsible for opening the switchboard in the morning and forwarding general mailbox messages
- Be knowledgeable of the list of people who are not allowed admittance to the State Bar
- Receive and direct all visitors to the State Bar
- Insure all visitors sign in and out on the visitor log
- Maintain visitor badge assignment and return
- Receive and direct all deliveries
Non-Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare bar files for archiving
- Providing clerical assistance to State Bar employees as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Education, Experience, and Skills:
- High school diploma
- Customer service and/or receptionist experience
- Excellent telephone and oral communication skills; pleasant demeanor
- Position is non-exempt in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Part time position: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to Noon
- Additional Time: occasional, may be required during quarterly meetings
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Questions About This Position: Please email Joe Cerone, Director of Administration, at email@example.com.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the right to alter this job description at any time without notice.