Job Title: Program manager
Department: Interest on Lawyers’ Trust Accounts (IOLTA)
Immediate Supervisor: IOLTA executive director
Positions Supervised: None
Purpose of the Job: Primary responsibilities include management and oversight of NC IOLTA grants and state funding.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Administration of Grants
- Oversee NC IOLTA’s grant application, agreement, and reporting processes with NC IOLTA grantees and recipients of state funding administered by NC IOLTA;
- Conduct analysis and evaluation of grant applications and prepare application materials and grant recommendations;
- Monitor grantee compliance with grant requirements;
- Collaborate with grantees to ensure grants are meeting organizational goals as well as the strategic goals and vision of IOLTA;
- Lead grantee evaluation process based upon objective factors and regular site visits;
- Analyze and make reports and recommendations on NC IOLTA grants and state funding to the executive director and Board of Trustees;
- Develop and maintain working relationships with grantee organizations and provide support and technical assistance to grantees as necessary and appropriate.
- Attend meetings of the IOLTA Board; prepare meeting minutes and maintain minutes’ history;
- Serve as staff liaison to board committees on issues related to IOLTA grant programs, including preparing meeting agendas and maintaining minutes’ history;
- Report to the board on grants as requested.
- Assist with generating and distributing communications regarding grant availability, approved grants, grantee stories and outcomes, and other news and announcements;
- Coordinate with communications director to update NC IOLTA website with grant-related information;
- Assist with special projects as required.
Perform other assigned duties as required for the administration of the IOLTA Program.
Accountability and Authority:
The program manager reports to and is directly supervised by the executive director of the IOLTA Program. The program manager is responsible for accurate and timely processing of all job responsibilities.
Desired Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Commitment to NC IOLTA’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree
- Nonprofit, grants management, and/or legal services experience desired
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- High level of professionalism
- Self-motivated and proactive with ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize workload, and offer ideas to enhance the work
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and experience using databases
- Satisfactory background and credit check
- Position is exempt in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday, one hour lunch break
- Periodic night or weekend work may be required
- Travel: some required
- Job location: on-site with opportunity for part-time remote work after an initial training period.
For Questions About This Position: Please email Mary Irvine, IOLTA executive director.
The North Carolina State Bar is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.