We are seeking a person to serve as our afternoon receptionist from noon – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday. Part time benefits are available which include vacation, sick leave, retirement contribution and participation in our flexible benefits and supplemental life insurance plans.
Purpose of Job: To courteously and professionally answer and direct telephone calls to the appropriate departments or employees and greet visitors to the State Bar.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for security of the lobby area by admitting or denying admission of visitors
- Answer and direct calls to the appropriate staff member, and directing the caller to other institutions if appropriate
- Responsible for notifying the Executive Director, Assistant Executive Director, Director of Administration, Counsel and other staff of daily attendance of the State Bar employees
- Responsible for securing and opening State Bar facilities in the morning, if appropriate, and closing the facilities at the end of the workday
- Responsible for activation of the night voice mail system and forwarding general mailbox messages
- Be knowledgeable of the list of people who are not allowed admittance to the State Bar
- Receive and direct all visitors to the State Bar
- Ensure all visitors sign in and out on the visitor log
- Maintain visitor badge assignment and return
- Receive and direct all deliveries
Non-Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare bar files for archiving
- Providing clerical assistance to State Bar employees as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Desired education, experience and skills:
- High school diploma
- Customer service and/or receptionist experience
- Excellent telephone and oral communication skills; pleasant demeanor
- Position is non-exempt in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Part time position: Monday - Friday, 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Overtime: occasional, may be required during quarterly meetings
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com.
For Questions About This Position: Please email Joe Cerone, Director of Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the right to alter this job description at any time without notice.